Writing an effective press release
In this new era of media, every organization should know how to write an effective press release. They’re essential for ensuring the media and public know your latest news.
Media outlets are daily looking for stories, but they want them written well. If you can achieve this, and if you can get adequate distribution, which Faith Newswire offers, then you’re perfectly positioned to drive a lot of attention to your product or service.
They are also the cheapest advertising solution you will find. Aside from our small fee for distribution, they only cost your time to write.
Fortunately, if you spend the time to get it right, you can tilt the odds in your favor.
Here’s what you should include in your press releases:
1. Headline: Be sure to make it clear why your story is interesting and important. This is the ‘hook’ to your story.
2. For immediate release: Date of Publish
3. Press Contact: How can the media get in touch with you? Add in your name, email and phone.
4. Intro paragraph: This should introduce what your article is about.
5. The second paragraph should go into more detail and include a relevant quote or two from a team member.
6. The third paragraph should include additional information that the reader of your press release reeds to know.
7. Boiler Plate: What’s your organization all about?
Send your release now.
See a sample below.